Re: Books recommendation

__/ [ www.1-script.com ] on Tuesday 28 March 2006 19:29 \__

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=br_ss_hs/103-1808455-8127000?search-alias=aps&keywords=seo

> Not so fast, Roy:
>
> "Saeco Vienna Deluxe SuperAutomatic Espresso Coffee and Cappuccino Machine
> by Saeco"  - Result #13 of 263 - is not exactly about SEO (Search Engines
> Optimization) although can affect your SEO results a great deal ;-)

*LOL* I was fearing that. I overlooked. *LOL*

> Also, not all of those above #13 are about SEO either. "Google Hacks" has
> something to do with it, but isn't about it. "Search Engine marketing,
> Inc." is a horrible example of IBM's boss-ass-licking corporate culture
> and is about "how to spend your client's (boss's) money on AdWords and
> then have fun looking on the stats all day long". Result #12 is just a
> joke.

I quite like your idea of equating to the book to "how to spend your client's
(boss's) money on AdWords and then have fun looking on the stats all day
long". There are similar books as such for Microsoft business solutions,
which poison the mind of the senior IT manager and spread FUD at the same
time.

> Then you have to filter out anything that's not 2005 or more recent 'cause
> it's too dynamic a subject. Then you have to filter out not-yet-released
> items. In the end you'll have about 5-6 titles that can be worth reading
> (or peeking into, anyways).

Let's recommend the ABC of SEO, which was authored by a fellow UseNetter. I
read some of the articles in his Web site and liked them a great deal.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  7:50pm  up 20 days  9:35,  8 users,  load average: 0.37, 0.72, 0.84