Re: Linux Books: Free as in Free Beer

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Sunday 07 May 2006 17:23 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> That's just what I tell my mom about Thunderbird, but she never wants to
>> /explore/ an application unless  she has a soft cover book at hand, from
>> which she can learn step-by-step.  It is something to do with antiquated
>> notions and mental barriers.
>
> One of the smartest managers I ever worked for told me that the only way
> to really understand a system is to step outside it.

Yes. And to exemplify, Wox decided to step outside the system and he now
understands its intricacies very well:

        "...Microsoft, Apple and AOL, they tend to turn out the crappiest
        products, you know, software-wise"

                http://inquirer.stanford.edu/2005/jstaffor/woz.html

And that, my friend, is what you hear from co-founder of Apple.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Windows XP: Dude, where's my RAM?
  5:25pm  up 10 days  0:22,  12 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.23, 0.33