Re: [OT] - Adsense broken today ?

__/ [ Paul B ] on Sunday 07 May 2006 12:55 \__

> On Sun, 7 May 2006 12:39:18 +0100, "T.J." <no1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>"Paul B" <lamewolf2004@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> <snip>

>>> what about 22.18% (content) and 15.18% for search ? (averages)
>>>
>>> plh
>>> paul
>>>

>>These are the results from just 3 pages of one
>>of my sites for April
>>
>>Page impressions:  1,153
>>Clicks:                     302
>>CTR:                  26.19%
>>eCTM:              $266.94
>>Earnings:            $307.78
>>
>>As you will see, it averages over a dollar a click, not
>>bad for a little niche phrase with little competition ;o)
>>And no, I'm not going to say what it is.
>>

> This is for *a* site
>
> Content
> Page impressions 1,055
> Clicks:                 234
> CTR             22.18%
> eCTM                    USD42.52
> Earnings        USD44.85

> Page impressions       1,436
> Clicks:                        218
> CTR                    15.18%
> eCTM                   USD9.88
> Earnings               USD14.18
>
> anything from 1c to less than a dollar.:(
>
> plh
> Paul

I once read *this* one from Brad:

,----[ Quote ]
| It has gotten good enough that one can now readily see making a living as
| a good web writer through adsense. At an extreme example, my Copyright
| Myths article, which is admittedly very popular, is now generating over
| $250 per month in revenue. Just that one article. An author able to
| generate articles that popular (admittedly difficult, part of the
| popularity comes from having been around for decades and being linked
| to from many places) could make a living wage.
`----

Needless  to  mention, it didn't make my day. The contentment that I  get,
nonetheless,  is from knowing that visitors read material that I write. It
gives a sense of achievement and opens many doors (e.g. people in my field
of research know me much better).

To  use  repellent  terms,  I believe that  any  site  without  egocentric
attribution  must  at least make profits, or else it  becomes  pointeless.
That  said,  sustaining  profits  in a changing  terrain  is  yet  another
matter-slash-problem.  Brad  Templeton  has had his material up  for  many
years  (he  is  among the first people on the Net), but  who  knows  where
Google  will  be 5 years down the line? Who knows where the Internet  will
drift...?

http://ca.today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=technologyNews&storyID=2006-05-06T070548Z_01_PEK208003_RTRIDST_0_TECH-CHINA-BLOGS-COL.XML

                        China to have 60 million bloggers by end of 2006.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
 12:55pm  up 9 days 19:52,  12 users,  load average: 0.87, 0.71, 0.65