Re: "Upgrade" from T3

On 2006-05-17, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> __/ [ jerry.ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx ] on Wednesday 17 May 2006 16:48 \__
>
>>>I'd go for the Palm T-X if I were you. No Tungsten 5 and no LifeDrive,
>>>unless you need plenty of storage space or have large pockets/purse. The
>>>Universal Connector 'barrier', which I believe has not become an issue
>>>until the T-5 emerged, will only become a deterring factor if you depend on
>>>peripherals like a keyboard.
>>>
>>>Best wishes,
>>>
>>>Roy
>>
>> Cool Roy
>> So it looks like the size of the TX is  comparable to the T3 opened
>> up. The TX  has some nice features, and the $$ is right
>> Thanks for the advice
>> Jerry
>
> I suggest that you wait until you hear the advice of others in this
> newsgroup. My advice is based primarily on what I hear, read, and judge by.
> I still own a Tungsten T and I play with newer units only on rare occasions.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Roy

I have both a TX and T3. I can wholeheartedly recommend the TX as a
replacement for the T3. My main motivation for getting a TX as a successor
of the T3 was the built-in WiFi. Also its battery life is much better
than the T3. One disadvantage (?), I like the look of the T3 better than
the TX, but that is very personal.

HTH

Ton van Overbeek