Re: [News] Office 2007 Baffles Users

Ahhh goodie, more deception from Roy:

On Wed, 31 May 2006 01:58:13 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ,----[ Quote ]
>| "I'm not so sure that I'm thrilled with the new 'ribbon' interface. It's
>| all bubbly and shiny, but it eats up a lot of my screen space," designer
>| Kevin Airgid wrote on his blog.
>|
>| Airgid asked Microsoft to devise a way to revert the user interface to
>| its old, more familiar form, but the software giant has indicated that
>| it will not supply such an option.

Of course here is what Airgid said on his blog as well:

"I’m not a creature [of] change, or more likely I don’t like learning new
UI’s when I’m comfortable with the ones I use. But after using the “ribbon”
for a while I can see how it would speed up your work flow."

>| Blogger Ollie Bradley, a 16-year-old student, also had some trouble
>| adjusting to the new user interface.

Interesting that you left off the very next quote from him, which said:

"The user interface really does take a while to get used to, but I
definitely feel smarter and more motivated to work in an environment like
this (as corny as it sounds),"

Which is a very positive remark, unlike the appearance of a negative mark
you imply by not including the rest of it.

If this is the worst you can come up with, you're going to have a hard sell
on Open Office.