[News] Jack Thompson Blames Microsoft for Virginia Incident

Thompson Targets Microsoft in Latest Crusade

,----[ Quote ]
| Mr. Gates, your company is potentially legally liable the harm done at
| Virginia Tech. Your game, a killing simulator, according to the news that
| used to be in the Post, trained him to enjoy killing and how to kill.
`----

http://www.gamealmighty.com/story-individual/story/Thompson_Targets_Microsoft_in_Latest_Crusade/

This is harsh. Another news agency wrongly said that CounterStike is a
Microsoft game. I saw that ysterday. Also in the news:

NBC says it received package from Virginia Tech shooter

,----[ Quote ]
| NBC said Wednesday that it had received a package of photos, videos
| and a manifesto that is believed to have been mailed by the gunman
| in the Virginia Tech shootings.
`----

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/04/18/nbc_says_it_received_package_from_virginia_tech_shooter/
http://tinyurl.com/2gqmll

Microsoft could get a lot of unwanted attention. Also see their press release
from yesterday, appended below.

Related:

Record Numbers Turn to Msnbc.com for Coverage of Virginia Tech Tragedy

,----[ Quote ]
| On Monday, overall traffic hit an all-time high, with 15.3 million
| unique users, a 37 percent increase over the site's all-tim
| one-day record set during the coverage of Hurricane Katrina.
|
| [...]
|
| Based in Redmond, WA, msnbc.com is a joint venture of Microsoft and NBC
| Universal.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/070417/117582.html

Bill Gates lends cash to buy newspapers - $350 million to MediaNews

Gates sold 100,000 Univision shares-SEC filing

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsmlreuters.com:20070105:MTFH49951_2007-01-05_22-11-13_N05298823&type=comktNews&rpc=44