Re: [News] Opera 9.2 Released, Includes Innovative Features (Screenshots Tour)

__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Friday 13 April 2007 02:02 \__

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, [H]omer
> <spam@xxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Thu, 12 Apr 2007 23:39:18 +0100
> <m1p2f4-3bo.ln1@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
>>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, [H]omer

>>> Thank you, Microsoft, for once again ensuring that browsing the web
>>> confuses the hell out of everybody. :-P :-)
>>>
>>> (And making such measures necessary.)
>>
>> Yeah well, this is the crux of the matter isn't it? All this effort and
>> pedantic enforcement of standards (thus excluding a few hapless victims
>> of bugs), simply because Microsoft's Swiss cheese Operating Systems have
>> facilitated and nurtured an entire industry of spam via zombies, thus
>> making such countermeasures a vital necessity.
>>

> And, because said Emmenthaler OSen have also facilitated
> and nurtured an entire industry of anti-malware
> practitioners as well, we'll be hard pressed to force them
> off the playing field.
>
> Admittedly, I'm not sure I want them off the field --
> as long as they play fair.  But this isn't quite fair. :-)
>
> Of course, the anti-malware vendors are not horribly happy at
> the moment either -- seems that Microsoft's being a little
> too protective of a certain part of their kernel API.
>
> They won't have quite that problem with Linux. ;-)

Neither will users of Linux. :-)

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Community is code, code is community
Tasks: 117 total,   1 running, 110 sleeping,   0 stopped,   6 zombie