Re: [News] Microsoft in Trouble, Wants to Join an Open Source Group (Rumour)

After takin' a swig o' grog, Guy Fawkes belched out this bit o' wisdom:

>> Microsoft, Channel Stuffing and Desperation: Old Tricks for a New Era
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft is in trouble, and this ain't no joke. Vista is a
>> | disappointment. Search is weak. Xbox is under siege from the
>> | Wii. Paul Graham recently posted that "Microsoft is Dead.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.informationarbitrage.com/2007/04/microsoft_phili.html
>
> I've been suspicious of the numbers Microsoft gives about Vista licenses
> sold. I believe it's simply a matter of channel stuffing too.

Who'd a thunk it?  Say it ain't so, Steve-o, say it ain't so!!

> It will, however, be impossible for Microsoft to persuade open-source
> developers to add Windows-specific features to their applications.

Most OSS developers.  There's apparently a few who do .NET open source.

--
   Boot your Windows operating system in a virtual machine on Linux
   It's safer.