Re: Digg spurns Google for young Microsoft ..

Mark Kent wrote:
> waterskidoo <water.skidoo@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>> As for defending Windows shills, I don't defend anyone but I also
>> don't accuse people willy nilly of being paid shills without some
>> verifiable proof.
>
> There's plenty out there, just take a look.

Here's one:

http://slated.org/the_munchkins_are_back

And another:

http://slated.org/yankee_shill_exposed

IMHO waterskidoo needs to do a Hell of a lot more research before
denouncing the existence of these Shills.

The fundamental issue remains, that in the absence of any rational
explanation as to why anyone would sabotage a newsgroup, poison a Blog,
or submit suspiciously biased anti-Linux news articles; one is naturally
inclined to question the motive, and I cannot conceive of any rational
motive other than remuneration.

By promoting a commercial entity, or sabotaging its competition, a Shill
*may* be financially rewarded ... but what possible financial rewards
could a so-called "Linux zealot" receive for promoting the Free Software
community?

Like I said, it's about motive. If waterskidoo can figure that one out,
then he has his answer.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Computer games don’t affect kids, I mean if Pac man affected us as
| kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills
| and listening to repetitive music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7
 21:00:11 up 28 days, 19:54,  4 users,  load average: 0.07, 0.26, 0.64