Re: SueMe GNU/Linux -- Coming Soon to A Torrent Near You

__/ [ Rafael ] on Saturday 09 June 2007 11:46 \__

> William Poaster wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Be ready for SueMe Linux. We'll probably create a SUSE
>>> derivatives that makes SLED obsolete and contains all that
>>> so-called 'patented' stuff. Let's see how Novell likes it
>>> and whether Microsoft will finally "SueMe First" and fold
>>> the cards (inexistent/junk patents). I can't say much at the
>>> moment, but it's apparently work in progress, it'll have its
>>> own site, torrents, and it's more about making a point.
>>
>> I'll look forward to seeing that :-)
>
> Litigation Linux, has a special ring!  IMHO, I think that those
> in Europe will not have much trouble with legality issues, as the
> EU has taken extra care to clarify what software is not
> patentable.  (ref. Europarl 2003-09-24: Amended Software Patent
> Directive:
>
> http://eupat.ffii.org/papers/europarl0309/index.en.html )
>
> US still has additional work needed to clean up the patent system.
>
> However, it won't deter me from using Ubuntu and Debian.

A placeholder is up, but we're just pointing to Shane's live CD.

http://suemelinux.com/

There are easy tools for creating SUSE derivatives (Fedora 7 and PCLOS 2007
probably follow rPath's and Novell's lead in that respect). Let's see how it
goes.

--
                ~~ Enjoying summertime

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Partition if an operating $ysteM must be set aside
 12:00pm  up 41 days 20:22,  10 users,  load average: 0.86, 1.15, 1.15