Re: [Opinion] Much Ado About Microsoft's Surface Computer

__/ [ spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Monday 04 June 2007 11:34 \__

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070601005179&newsLang=en

>> It would be weird if someone decided to create a Linux distro/derivative
>> and name it "Linux Gold", only to be sued by some trademark troll from
>> Alaska.
>
> Can't. Linus holds the trademark on linux.
> Oh, they could TRY, but they'd be slapped down pretty hard.

What about Rosch?

http://www.waschmittel.com/?id=1142

W00t. Nice front page, but I don't see their "Linux" detergent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trademark#Fundamental_concepts

--
                ~~ Enjoying summertime

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Every polar bear is left-handed
 12:00pm  up 36 days 20:22,  9 users,  load average: 1.00, 0.47, 0.35