Re: [News] eWeek is Impressed by OpenOffice.org 2.3

* Roy Schestowitz fired off this tart reply:

> OpenOffice.org 2.3 Impresses
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| OpenOffice.org 2.3 sports a nifty set of feature improvements, but the
>| suite's sweetest features remain its low cost (free) and its strikingly broad
>| platform support.
> `----
>
> http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,2224467,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03129TX1K0000616

Some guy was telling me about the MS Office 2007 he got with his
military discount.  Cost something like $70.  Whoo!

He had tried OpenOffice, but found it a little "rough".

I kind of agree.  However, after using it for a few days to do a large
slide show, I got used to the differences in interface handling, and I
really like OpenOffice.  And I definitely like the way OpenOffice Writer
works better than MS Word.  But then, I think Word is a piece of crap, a
horrible program (at least up through Word 2003).

This guy really liked Outlook 2007, too.  But he was not at fond of the
ribbon interface, and was very irked about how hard it was to find the
functions he wanted to use.  He wondered why MS "moved everything
around".

--
Tux rox!