Re: [News] New GCC is Here, Firefox 3 is Near, PHP 4 Near EOL

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Tue, 05 Feb 2008 00:09:41 +0000
<1674172.rGQ6IOJzLD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> ____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Monday 04 February 2008 23:51 : \____
>
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Linonut
>> <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>  wrote
>> on Mon, 4 Feb 2008 18:05:19 -0500
>> <4IMpj.65946$vt2.25882@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>> * The Ghost In The Machine peremptorily fired off this memo:

>>> The only thing you've confirmed is that you are an idiot who doesn't
>>> know when he's plonked.

>>> I've also got a gcc 3.2 and gcc 4.1 installed.  Apparently you need a
>>> version 3 compiler for QEMU.
>>>

>> Yeah, I know...and even then, it fails miserably on my
>> laptop.  Some issue apparently with the -mtune=pentium4m;
>> coughs up some ugly assembly code and quits.
>
> I suppose you're still on Gentoo, right? How long does it take you to compile
> OOo 2.3.x?

I'd have to look.  A few hours, at least.

My general MO is that I compile at home while I'm at work, and
I can reverse that, compiling at night here at work while
I'm at home.  I don't keep that exact track.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #12398234:
void f(char *p) {char *q = strdup(p); strcpy(p,q);}