Re: Got links, Roy? (was Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy)

In article <1qwr20btp10zc$.9grrovpc9vev$.dlg@xxxxxxxxxx>,
 Moshe Goldfarb <brick.n.straw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Speaking of Roy Schestowitz, he does seem to be quite erratic these days.
> I hope he gets the medical help he needs.
> It's obvious that in addition to his normal narcissistic behavior, he has
> become quite paranoid as well.

Indeed.  He's now got Bill Gates as behind the buyout of SCO.  The
connection?  Steve Norris, the guy doing the buyout, was a financial
advisor to a Saudi Prince on a big deal the Prince was involved in once.
And that very same Saudi Prince has partnered with Bill Gates on a
couple of occasions!

Let's look at Norris' experience:

   Mr. Norris acted as a principal financial advisor to Prince
   Al-Waleed bin Talal Al Saud of Kingdom Holding Company, in
   structuring and negotiating the re-capitalization of Citibank, which
   returned over $15 billion in profits on about $590 million of equity
   invested. He also advised or played a key role in other Kingdom
   Holding Company investments. He was appointed by former president
   George H.W. Bush and confirmed by the U.S. Senate to serve as one of
   five governing members of the $100 billion Federal Retirement System
   Thrift Investment Board.

   Since 1997, Mr. Norris, and certain members of his team, have worked
   on a number of investments including real estate investments in
   Europe and the United States.  They were involved in amongst others
   the privatization of Thompson CSF, the recapitalization of Suez, the
   acquisition of portions of Credit Foncier's real estate portfolio in
   Paris by the German firm of IVG, the formation of Nomura's (London)
   bid for a Dutch mortgage bank, the offer by a major Saudia Arabian
   investment firm for Lamborgini in Italy, and the formation of a bid
   by Leucadia International's for the Labouchere Bank in Holland.  He
   also negotiated and structured investments in Synxis Corporation,
   which was backed by George Soros and Mr. Norris, and MARC Global
   Holdings.

Basically, he's got his hand in deals all over the place.  You can
probably connect him to EVERY major person in the business world.

--
--Tim Smith