Re: [News] Linux Fury at MSBBC Claimed to be Justified

____/ [H]omer on Thursday 17 January 2008 18:46 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:
>
>> 5. The BBC should explain why the adobe-flash version of iPlayer was
>> developed and deployed in a few weeks, at negligible cost, and has
>> already got a much greater user-base.
>
> That one's the biggest kicker, IMHO.
>
> Of course there is the "infrastructure" cost that Thomson alluded to,
> i.e. a transcoding cluster and some storage (which they probably already
> had) and some networking cable.
>
> Hmm. Where all da money go? Microsoft licenses?
>
> Heck, I have a handful of *scripts* here they can have for /nothing/.

They are trying to do cover-up work for all I can tell. They have just hired a
new guy.

"Bill Gates looks at everything as something that should be his. He acts in any
way he can to make it his. It can be an idea, market share, or a contract.
There is not an ounce of conscientiousness or compassion in him. The notion of
fairness means nothing to him. The only thing he understands is leverage."
                                                --Philippe Kahn