Re: [News] London's Oyster Card Relies on GNU/Linux

Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:

> I rather like my Oyster card.  It's certainly made buses a viable
> possibility

It's often quicker to walk in the centre of London though.

I remember it once took a bus I was on 45 minutes to travel the length
of Sloan Square. The only reason I didn't get off and walk, is because
it was raining. I would have used the Tube, but there was construction
work going on at the time, and it was chaos.

I did eventually end up walking most of the way to my destination (the
Novotel Exhibition Centre in Hammersmith), and I'm glad I did, because
I discovered one of the best Italian restaurants in London, quite near
the Novotel, on Kensington High Street.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|     ~ Cory Doctorow, The Guardian.  http://tinyurl.com/22bgx8

 09:54:28 up 168 days,  6:30,  5 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.02, 0.00