Re: [News] Linux Might Soon Spread to ALL Russian Schools!!

____/ William Poaster on Saturday 15 March 2008 15:32 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ____/ JAG CHAN on Saturday 15 March 2008 01:30 : \____
>>
>>> Moshe Goldfarb <brick.n.straw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in

>>> Are you sure?
>>>
>>> http://www. microsoft.com/msft/SEC/default.mspx
>>>
>>> A prominent example of open source software is the Linux operating
>>> system.
>>> Although we believe our products provide customers with significant
>>> advantages
>>> in security, productivity, and total cost of ownership, the
>>> popularization of
>>> the open source software model continues to pose a significant challenge
>>> our business model, including continuing efforts by proponents of open
>>> source
>>> software to convince governments worldwide to mandate the use of open
>>> source
>>> software in their purchase and deployment of software products. To the
>>> extent
>>> open source software gains increasing market acceptance, sales of our
>>> products
>>> may decline, we may have to reduce the prices we charge for our products,
>>> and
>>> revenue and operating margins may consequently decline.
>>> >
>> facts hurt the Microsoft Munchkins, especially when they are quoted out of
>> Microsoft's own (and carefully-drafted) literature.

Oops, I meant to type crafted, not drafted.

>> The above says that Microsoft already warns investors that it's likely to
>> lose revenue because Linux is spreading and getting better.
>
> <quote>
> we believe our products provide customers with significant advantages in
> security, productivity, and total cost of ownership
> <unquote>
>
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Good one!

<translation>
We believe we have bribed enough analysts (those whom we say have a "sellout"
business model) to pretend that we provide customers with significant
advantages in security, productivity, and total cost of ownership
</translation>

Case of point:

Ballmer's Remarks Inspire A TCO Trip Down Memory Lane

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.bmighty.com/blog/main/archives/2008/03/ballmers_remark.html

,----[ Quotes with annotation ]
| "(Microsoft manager:) I don't like the fact that the report show us losing
| on TCO on webservers. I don't like the fact that the report show us losing
| on availability (windows was down more than linux). And I don't like the
| fact that the reports says nothing new is coming with windows .net server."
|
| [...]
|
| "I don't like it to be public on the doc that we sponsored it because I
| don't think the outcome is as favorable as we had hoped. I just don't like
| competitors using it as ammo against us. It is easier if it doesn't mention
| that we sponsored it."
`----

http://www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/9000/PX09695.pdf

"Consultants: These guys are your best bets as moderators. Get a well-known
consultant on your side early, but don’t let him publish anything blatantly
pro-Microsoft. Then, get him to propose himself to the conference organizers
as a moderator, whenever a panel opportunity comes up. Since he’s well-known,
but apparently independent, he’ll be accepted - one less thing for the
constantly-overworked conference organizer to worry about, right?"

                                                -- Microsoft

Microsoft: we're best........................

                        ....at lying to the investors, the public,
                        the SEC, even our own partners and employees.

"I know Microsoft, and I know my industry. I thoroughly comprehend how
Microsoft's products, agendas, and conduct have shaped and defined
computing as we know it today. I have friends and colleagues who work
at Microsoft, and I have others who work with its current partners,
its former partners, and its direct competitors.... Microsoft's conduct as
a corporation and a manufacturer of computing products, is predicated
upon an internal policy of deception, which includes deceiving
customers, deceiving competitors, deceiving partners, deceiving its
own vendors, and at some level, deceiving its own staff."

                                -- Scott M. Fulton, III

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Pentiums melt in your PC, not in your hand"
Cpu(s): 25.6%us,  4.0%sy,  1.0%ni, 64.7%id,  4.3%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st