Re: Vista is Dead here comes Windows ME Too

Verily I say unto thee, that Rex Ballard spake thusly:
> On May 28, 9:59 pm, Ian Hilliard <nos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> <quote> Vista is Officially Dead Here Comes Windows 7

I hereby name this Vapourware "Windows ME3". May God bless her, and all
who sink with her.

> When Microsoft starts announcing Vapor-ware less than 18 months after
> the release of their latest release, you know they know they have a
> bomb and need to do damage control.

AFAICT the Vole has been in damage control mode pretty much since
Vista's RTM. This isn't even an announcement, it's just spin.

>> During a brief onstage demo of Windows 7, a Microsoft software
>> designer made the puzzling choice to unveil a new "multi touch"
>> feature by working with a paint program, evoking memories of the
>> original Macintosh paint program in 1984. She then used the
>> touch-sensitive technology with a photo collection and a mapping
>> program, evoking comparisons to both the iPhone and Google Maps,
>> which already have similar capabilities.
>
> Another classic example of Microsoft attempting to tout other
> people's technology, as their own "Innovations".

It's another classic example of Microsoft completely missing the point;
wasting time on useless fluff; and failing to address technical issues
with /actual/ improvements:

[quote]
It turns out Luddites don't know how to use software properly, so you
should look into that. -- The reason we come up with new versions is not
to fix bugs. It's absolutely not. It's the stupidest reason to buy a new
version I ever heard. When we do a new version we put in lots of new
things that people are asking for. And so, in no sense, is stability a
reason to move to a new version. It's never a reason.
[/quote]

http://www.cantrip.org/nobugs.html

Looks like Windows ME3 victims have even more problems, ahem, I mean
"features" to "look forward" to ... some time in the distant future,
assuming the Vole even /has/ a future.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|     ~ Cory Doctorow, The Guardian.  http://tinyurl.com/22bgx8

 07:14:11 up 160 days,  3:50,  6 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.17, 0.24