Re: [News] US Government Lags Behind in Free Software Adoption

Gregory Shearman wrote:

> On 2009-05-17, wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> This isn't fair to people using Macs, too.  It's good that you voiced
>> your opinion on this matter to the ATO.  I would have made a similar
>>request.  My dad uses paper forms, too, so don't feel too bad.  :)
>
> I don't feel too bad. I just get annoyed at tax time. Electronic
> lodgement provides for quicker tax refunds. You can make mistakes on an
> electronic form and fix them without making a mess or having to start
> over. It saves trees. It's easier.

I completely agree.  I hate having to make corrections while using pen on a
paper form.  I did all of my college applications online, and I did not
have to worry about making errors.

I use the computer more and more when I write- a few years ago I wrote notes
by hand on paper.  Now I have a cell phone for that.  Schestowitz told me
once that he doesn't use pen and paper that much anymore.  It's nice to be
eco-friendly.  :)