Re: [News] US Government Lags Behind in Free Software Adoption

  • Subject: Re: [News] US Government Lags Behind in Free Software Adoption
  • From: wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 15:37:39 -0400
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Where does Obama stand on open source?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Love him or hate him, Barack Obama will be President into 2013.
> |
> | This is a key moment for open source. In some ways it is going from
> | strength to strength. But it remains vulnerable to counter-attack from
> | the copyright industries.
> |
> | So far the President’s record on open source is mixed.
> `----
>
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=4214

I hope Obama sticks with his plan for an open government.  As a result, OSS
will be favored and implemented more often.

I just don't like how Biden is so pro-RIAA.  The RIAA issues are related to
OSS issues- they both involve intellectual property, piracy, etc.
Hopefully, Biden's views on music will not impact OSS negatively.