Re: [News] Gnote 0.3.0

On 2009-05-07, Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
> After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
>   this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> In article <kql7d6-2ge.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>  Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Then you should immediately killfile Qook, DuFuS, am_i_not_curious, Dr
>>> Flatfish. It would probably be a good idea to take out Erik FUDdingmuch
>>> and Timmy "Timmeh!" Smtih while you're at it.
>>>
>>> Most or all of them have a non-civil side. In fact, I've never observed
>>> a civil side with any of them. So I think I can safely assume there
>>> isn't one.
>>
>> You are, of course, lying.  Of the ~15000 posts of mine easily available
>> on Google, you would have a hard time finding more than a dozen that are
>> not civil.  And there is also ample proof in there that you have seen
>> many of the civil posts, since you replied to them.
>>
>> Why do you lie about things easily checked with Google?
>
> I'm with Tim on this one.  He does go too far in twitting people at times,
> but he's head and shoulders above the Seven Pillocks of Wisdom (Hadron,
> flatfish, DFS, The Bee, Clogwog, Ezekiel, and amicus_unscrupulous).

My bad. I meant amongst the names prior to Ewik's and Timmy's. I've
never seen anything civil from the first bunch of names. It was failure
on my part that I didn't make that distinction.

I know I've seen a few from Timmy that were civil. Certainly a lot more
civil than the mentally-ill Flatti, or the criminally insane Quack.

I also have to admit I've seen a couple or more from Erik. More back
when I first came here than now. But they do exist in the wild.

> (You may, of course, have your favorite list of pillocks, bullocks, nitwits,
> shitbits, and titwits.)

I let my filters compile my list. I just go in once in awhile to prune
any expired stuff and all of the unnecessary lines. On this machine at
least, my filters are plenty accurate enough to make me happy. The Eee
is getting there.* But it still needs a little tuning.

* Yes, I could have just copied them over. But I thought I'd start
  clean and see where it went. The size is already almost 30% of the
  one on this desktop, and it took years to build this one. The Eee has
  only been building a couple of months or so.

--
How dare the government intervene to stifle innovation in the computer
industry! That's Microsoft's job, dammit!