Re: [News] Gnote 0.3.0

On 2009-05-08, wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx> claimed:
> Sinister Midget wrote:

>> I let my filters compile my list. I just go in once in awhile to prune
>> any expired stuff and all of the unnecessary lines. On this machine at
>> least, my filters are plenty accurate enough to make me happy. The Eee
>> is getting there.* But it still needs a little tuning.
>
> Oh neat, you have the Eee!  I wanted that little thing since I first saw it.
> What color is the case?  I can definitely afford one, but I'm waiting until
> after graduation to buy things for myself (and my house).  I'm currently in
> the process of getting rid of a lot of my things from my room.  I have too
> many clothes, period.  And I have no idea what I'm going to do with all my
> books!

Black. I couldn't make up my mind what color to get. I just sort of
settled on black.

I've upgraded everything I can think to upgrade. It was a 4G PC900
model. Now it's 16G (a Runcore SSD that's much faster). It had 512M.
Now it has 2G (the default Xandros can't handle more than 1G). I just
got a replacement battery yesterday that's 10400. The original was
5800. And I dumped Xandros. First for Eeebuntu, now for Ubuntu 9.04.

None of that was necessary let me add. I knew I'd want to make those
sorts of changes no matter what the original model had. So I bought one
that was low-end enough that it would be huge changes taking place.

But the original would have worked fine as-is. The only thing I'd
recommend is dumping Xandros. It takes up the entire drive on the 4G
model because of how it installs. It shouldn't really need all that.
The others I tried cut disk use by about half just by dumping Xandros.

> What distro is on your Eee?  I'm assuming that you installed your own.  I'm
> thinking of trying out Mint if I get one.

It's Ubuntu 9.04 now. I may leave it alone, or I may play around with
some others (I constantly change things on the desktop, too). I just
downloaded Cruncheee 8.10.2 and CrunchBang 9.04 (unofficial). I might
play around with those over the next week or so.

> Glad to meet you, Sinister Midget!  ^_^

Ditto. Grab yourself a flame-retardent suit over by the door and stay a
spell.

Do vegetarians eat animal crackers?
Eee PC900 16G SSD 2G RAM Ubuntu 9.04