Re: Digg spurns Google for young Microsoft ..

William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> It was on, or about,  Mon, 30 Jul 2007 14:03:56 +0100, that as I was
> halfway through a large jam doughnut, Mark Kent wrote:
>
>> DFS <nospam@xxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Something no Linux "advocate" will ever have to worry about, of course.
>>>

>>> "According to the U.K. Foreign & Commonwealth Office, the honorary
>>> knighthood recognizes Gates' contributions to improving health and
>>> reducing poverty in parts of the Commonwealth and elsewhere in the
>>> developing world. Gates also was recognized for his contribution to
>>> enterprise, employment, education and the voluntary sector in the
>>> United Kingdom."
>>>
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2005/
> mar05/03-02gatesknighthoodpr.mspx
>>>

>> It doesn't really matter; what's important is that his company is
>> regularly and consistently lawbreaking, which is clearly unacceptable,
>> even for someone who's only honorary rather than a real knight of the
>> realm.
>>
>> Furthermore, it's simple enough to demonstrate that the claims above are
>> simply not true.

>>> You can't.
>>
>> I believe that you can.
>
> Yes, anyone can be stripped of their title by an act passed by the UK
> Parliament.

That would be something worthwhile to push for, I think.  If nothing
else, it would start to shatter some of the holier than though image
which Mr Gates has been spending vast tracts of his fortune on holding
up against the typhoon of reality.

>>> You're small-minded, lying peons that nobody listens to.
>>>

>> Obviously you do, as you've taken the trouble to reply to my message.
>
> Game, set, & match I believe.

:-)