Re: Digg spurns Google for young Microsoft ..

DFS <nospam@xxxxxxxx> espoused:
> Mark Kent wrote:
>> AB <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>>> On 2007-07-30, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>> claimed:

>>> But it got His Billness knighthood, good press and a boatload of
>>> adoring groupies who think he should be sainted.
>>>

>> An honorary knighthood, of course.
>
> Something no Linux "advocate" will ever have to worry about, of course.
>

> "According to the U.K. Foreign & Commonwealth Office, the honorary
> knighthood recognizes Gates' contributions to improving health and reducing
> poverty in parts of the Commonwealth and elsewhere in the developing world.
> Gates also was recognized for his contribution to enterprise, employment,
> education and the voluntary sector in the United Kingdom."
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2005/mar05/03-02gatesknighthoodpr.mspx

It doesn't really matter; what's important is that his company is
regularly and consistently lawbreaking, which is clearly unacceptable,
even for someone who's only honorary rather than a real knight of the
realm.

Furthermore, it's simple enough to demonstrate that the claims above are
simply not true.

>> I'm wondering how we can have him stripped of it -
>
> You can't.

I believe that you can.

> You're small-minded, lying peons that nobody listens to.

Obviously you do, as you've taken the trouble to reply to my message.