Re: disappeared from google

__/ [C] on Wednesday 09 November 2005 10:28 \__

>> I visit the following address:
>>
>>  consultgb.com
>>
>> and get the following:
>>
>>  Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e21'
>>
>>  Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status
>>  value, if available. No work was done.
>>
>>  //global.asa, line 35
>>
>> So I suspect the database which the site replies on is unavailable? This
>> might be a misconception altogether, but either way, I hope it provides
>> positive feedback.
>
> I really appreciate your feedback Roy - its so odd - its fine here and at
> home and in our other office, etc, but not for you. Its very bizzarre -
> I've checked the file and line your error message gave you and the
> corresponding line of code has never been changed - it reads (part of an
> asp application):
>
>  objRst("Browser")= objRst("Browser") & objBrowser.majorver
>
> I suspect you have either a non-standard browser or have tinkered with your
> browser reference tags (correct me if I'm wrong), but of course, this line
> of code should still handle you and not display an error! What browser do
> you user if I may ask so I can test it for myself. Anyone know why the
> above line might cause the mention error?
>
> Thanks for your input.

The  browser will read HTML, CSS, and so forth. The page it gets delivered
is simple data that is returned by a program which reads a database (to be
very general here). Without checking this with outher browsers like Mozil-
la  and Konqueror, I know I should expect the same. I suppose your subject
line may be explained by this behaviour.

I  am  very sorry to be a nuisance or perhaps the courier of the  annoying
news.  Look at the bright side though. It's possible that such  disappear-
ance is trivially and quickly reversible.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Coffee makes mw to0 jittery
 11:00am  up 6 days  6:58,  4 users,  load average: 0.07, 0.34, 0.45